Our Association represents many of the growers throughout BC who collectively have a wealth of knowledge that has been passed down from one generation to the next. This knowledge combined with the latest technologies and research from Agriculture Canada and various universities throughout North America is available to all members of the BC Christmas Tree Association (BCCTA).
BC Christmas tree growers have been organized under various regional associations since 1989. In 2021 the Executive determined that growers would be better served by one provincial Association. The mission statement of the BCCTA is as follows:
- To promote the production of high-quality Christmas trees in the province of BC
- To provide a unified voice for the industry in British Columbia
- To bring together those involved in the industry for mutual benefit
- To promote responsible and sustainable farming practices among its members
- To provide support and education for both established and new growers
- To facilitate interaction among members at general meetings and field days
- To engage in research and the distribution of information to all members
- To promote the Ministry of Agriculture’s Buy BC Program
Contact us today for more information about membership and how to become a successful Christmas tree grower!